YAE2018 Media Mixed Zone Team Member
As first point of contact for players coming off court, Mixed Zone Team members provide crucial support to accredited media by ensuring the efficient operation of the Championships mixed zone (where players are interviewed by the world’s media as they exit the Field of Play after every match).
Team Leader: Mixed Zone Manager (Volunteer) / Media Centre Manager
As a Media Team Member, we may reasonably expect you to:
- Meet and greet all attending media, and help resolve any queries
- Liaise with TV production crews and the Field of Play team to welcome players off court
- Welcome players off court in a courteous manner and present them to the awaiting media
- Usher players through the mixed zone process, making them available to all media present and ready – including TV and press
- Assist with requests for interviews where appropriate – including the use of translation services
- Oversee and be mindful of player welfare and timings, addressing any issues in consultation with the Mixed Zone manager
- Maintain a constant flow of relevant, appropriate flash quotes (player reaction) to the Media Centre Team
- Generate some content (for example, blog and social media) to assist the Media Centre Manager and Production teams
- Assist with arrangements for press conferences, sponsor events and photo opportunities that may be of interest to media
- Volunteer during evenings and weekends.
When do you volunteer?
- There is a selection of shifts for you to indicate your availability.
- We hope that you will be able to volunteer with us for at least five shifts throughout the event so that we can each get the most from the volunteering experience.
- All shift timings are correct at the time of recruitment. However some changes may occur in the build-up and during the event itself. We will share any changes with as much notice as possible and discuss this with you.
- Weekend shifts will be prioritised for volunteers who have volunteered earlier during the Championships.
Please see the attached Schedule of Services for further information on the expectations of the role. Any questions please send to: email@example.com
Arena Birmingham, B12AA
Badminton England will provide volunteers with free refreshments and meals during their shifts, complimentary clothing and exclusive off-duty access to watching the event!
Event Support,Media,VolunteerYONEX All England,Badminton,Mixed Zone
You must be over 18 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Accessible Expenses Paid
Age Groups Mixed
Starts 14/03/2018 07:00:00